Saturday, November 28, 2009

Don't stop 'til you get enough (tasty greens).

So everwhere I've lived in the world you've just got to slide a little sideways from your Pack'n'Worths/Countup/No World to find an Asian grocery...


So how much do you reckon the above swag of healthy greens cost me ?

At the local Foodtown I'd say it would have been around around $15 dollars.

At my local Asian supermarket I dropped a cool $6.30 on the following:

1 x Cauliflower
1 x Brocolli
1 x Bag of Mushrooms
1 x Asparagus bunch
1 x Gai Choy bunch
1 x Bag of baby spuds
1 x Spinach bunch

And the produce is all high grade gear. It tastes and looks excellent. PLUS I'm not supporting the insane duopoly that is the mainstream supermarkets.

The exploratory foodie in me loves wandering around foreign buying lands too. It's precisely how and why I've ended up getting to know the wider Choi family. It all started with Bok, and up until this latest purchase I'd never heard of Gai. It's freekin delicious in a Horseradish meets Spinach uptown kind of a way.

While I'm enjoying these tasty greens, I may or may not be listening to
MJ getting the Reggae treatment...


1 comments:

michael said...

Man, fresh produce is the greatest. Also disco. Shit.

Sunday night Rihanna / organic vege combo here. Please don't stop the music.

Post a Comment